Any website or mobile application of any kind of company will be having a certain capacity whenever it comes to the world of handling the requests coming from multiple sources. The DDOS or the distributed denial of service attack will be trying to exploit this particular capacity by sending multiple requests with the sole object of taking it down or slowing the entire system drastically. All the companies which are offering their services or products through the website or mobile applications are the primary target of all these kinds of attacks which is the main reason that people need to be clear about the implementation of the right kind of systems so that they can deal with the flood of traffic and request very successfully.
DDOS attacks will take in which the attacker will be sending a flood of requests to the server all the network to disrupt the normal traffic or take it down completely. Many times on the sketch of attacks are undertaken by the rival business organizations for the good performing business applications and websites so that they can deal with the competition very successfully. These kinds of attacks are becoming very much popular in the cases of mobile applications because it is easier in terms of profiling users through individual devices and whenever they will download the application from the App Store the creator can get access to the device and data and can take their voltage of security loopholes in the attack to be done in the future very easy.
Some of the common types of mobile application attacks have been explained as follows:
- UDP flood: be a takeover here will be dealing with the random ports of the application with the user diagram protocol brackets and will be owing to the host which could continuously keep on looking relevant applications without much luck. It will be sending the destination of reachable packets as the response and the server resources will be ultimately shutting it down. This particular concept is based upon Road into the random words so that everything can deal with the sheer volume of requests very successfully throughout the process.
- ICMP flood: in this particular case everybody will be having the echo request packets to the flood be network at the kind of packets will be sent as far as the possible randomly without a care in the world which could disrupt the incoming and outgoing traffic throughout the process. The situation will be further worsened whenever the server will be responding with its ICMP packets.
- Ping of death: this concept is based upon a series of large-sized malicious beings that will be sent to the target application since there will be a smaller size limit for the package is being sent in the whole process. It is very much advisable for people to be clear about the large size bracket overwhelming of the target system is to avoid any kind of chaos element in the whole process.
- SYN flood: in this particular case the typical network transaction will be dealt with very easily and there will be no chance of any kind of problematic scenario in the whole thing. If not paid proper attention then this particular concept can bring the website down and can even exhaust all the resources in the whole process.
- Slowloris: This particular concept is the attack where one website or server will be focusing on taking down another web server by perfectly establishing the connection and sending the personal request to them. Since the request is not completed then it can be kept open on several other kinds of legitimate connections which are blocked in the whole process.
- NTP application: with the utilization of the UDP traffic the attacker will be targeting the publicly available network time protocol servers and the query to response ratio will be in the range of 1:20–1:200. The focus over here will be to send it to many requests at a rapid speed to simply make things very much difficult for the application to respond and further it will be based upon very high bandwidth and high-volume attacks.
- Application layer attacks: this will be focusing on the flooding of the target website with a resource-intensive requesting system like database access or the heavy file and download. The target-specific application packets and other things will be usually looking into the disrupting of the specific functionalities like the only transactions and the typical example will be the cross-site scripting system. The HTTP flood attack is characterized by multiple HTTP requests is being sent to the website server and it will be Measured in the requests per second.
- Volume-based attacks: here in this particular case the hackers will be utilizing BOTS along with multiple devices different internet connections to flood the target website with bogus traffic. Legitimate traffic will be blocked and the website will be ultimately crushing the entire system. Typical examples over here will be the user datagram protocol, DNS application, and other related aspects of the whole thing. It is perfectly measured the bits per second.
- Protocol attacks: with the focus of disrupting the network near all these kinds of attacks will be working for the activities do over well the firewall or the load balancer the whole thing so that there is no chance of any kind of issue and everybody will be able to deal with things very successfully. It is very much advisable for the organizations to be clear about the basic examples and the SYN flood attack is a good example of this particular case.
Hence, having a clear idea about all the above-mentioned categories is very much advisable for the organizations to make sure that they will be able to adapt to real-time testing successfully and can further go with the option of dealing with things like a pro without any kind of problem. Hence, depending upon companies like Appsealing is the best possible decision which the organizations can be over here to avoid any kind of chaos throughout the process and further become successful in the cases of prevention and management of DDOS attacks.