The go-to option for ones who want to instantly change or make a quick and budget-friendly makeover to their homes is tiling.
Porcelain tile: This is a variety of ceramic tile known for durability, beauty, and strength. This is made with clay and blended with other natural materials. This makes it suitable for temperature fluctuating areas or radiant heat areas. It is not as expected, as it is a little more expensive than the other tiles available in the market, but it’s worth the buy. Its benefits are:
- Low maintenance: Unlike other tiles that can be difficult to clean and might need special sealing to keep water away, porcelain tiles are easy to maintain and do not require special sealing. It is very commonly used in kitchens, bathrooms, etc., mainly where moisture is retained.
- Moisture Resistant: Ceramic tiles crack due to moisture and temperature change, whereas dense porcelain tiles and uniforms are water-resistant.
- Resists wear: This is resistant to wear and lasts for a long time. Its dense and thick nature makes it less prone to breaking.
- Durability: Made from good quality clay and heated at a high temperature, assures its durability. It lasts for years, and in case of any problem, one can change a single tile in this case also.
- Look: Out of all the other benefits, one of its specialities is that it looks stunning! It can amp up the vibe of a place instantly.
Ceramic tile: This type of tile is generally made from a mixture of sand, clay, and water. Although, the space between the tiles(grout) is filled with water, sand, and cement mixture. Benefits:
- Water-resistant: There is supposed to be an added layer of material for protection when installing these tiles. This layer protects the tiles from any water or stains.
- Maintenance: Maintenance gets easy if one installs an extra protective layer with the tiles. This will make it very easy for one to clean the tiles and floors.
- No Allergy concerns: The hard surface keeps away any dust particles or dirt that may cause allergy. It’s hygienic and safe.
- Durable: If appropriately installed with an additional protective layer, it can last for a long time.
- Cost-effective: These tiles are cost-effective and last for a reasonable period if properly installed.
Essential tips to keep in mind before buying them:
- One must go for smaller tiles for bedrooms and larger ones for living rooms. One must choose the tile colour and design, keeping in mind the aesthetic tone of the whole room.
- Glossy tiles for walls and matte finish for bathrooms are preferable. This makes it easy to clean.
- Dark coloured tiles are advisable for corridors as it makes dirt and dust invisible.
- Non-skid tiles are a good option for the kitchen as scratches in these tiles are barely visible and glossy for the kitchen walls since they are easy to clean.
- White is a preferable colour for roofs or terraces as it helps reduce room temperature.
One might be confused about where to get the trendiest yet affordable tiles for their home makeover. It has the best designs and also has the best prices. They also have a professional team for installation services, so one doesn’t need to look for people to install it.
“Author Name: Mary Kate”